Lascaux Hydro-Sealer (water based)
This colourless sealer imregnates substrates of low-absorbency, such as concrete, to highly-absorbent grounds, such as plasterwork or stucco
- For sizing or preparing substrates ranging from concrete to sand plaster before applying acrylic colours or dispersion paint
- To a limited extent sizing with Hydro-Sealer can help to consolidate substrates such as gritty plasters. Special care should be taken where old, chalking off mineral or lime paint are involved. In such cases, it's best to try out the preparation first
- In restoration, Hydro-Sealer can be used for consolidation of paint layers, above all of oil paintings
- Thinnable with water
- Lightfast and age resistant
- Excellent penetration
- Contains no solvents or softeners
Thinning; as an indicative value, mix about one part Hydro-Sealer with 4 parts water. The important thing is that the solution must soak into the substrate, without forming a closed film on the surface. Small amounts of Studio colours (e.g. Lascaux Studio acrylic blue 944) can be added to the mixture to identify areas that have been primed.
For consolidated paint layers, above all of oil paintings, Lascaux Hydr-Sealer is diluted with water in a ratio of 1:1 to 1:4, depending on the desired adhesion and then soaked into the tears, cracks or cuppings. Excess amount of Lascaux Hydro-Sealer on the surface should be removed carefully before drying with a humid sponge and /or a cotton swab.
Approximately 20-30ml/m2 per coat depending on the support and application
Extremely fine acrylic resin dispersion