62800 Cosmoloid H 80 Hard Wax from Kremer.
Iron can be protected by coatings of wax or varnish. For a wax application, the iron must be:
- if possible without paint - acid-free
- not reacting with copper
Cosmolid H 80, being also used as technical corrosion protection, fulfill all the requirements.
Usage: The metal must be completely degreased.
- Melt 20 g Cosmoloid H 80 in 1 liter Shellsol T (70460)
- Immerse the metal pieces into the solution or spray the solution onto the metal
- Melt the wax without solvents at approx. 100°C, immerse the pre-heated metal.
ATTENTION: Cosmoloid is easily combustible, hot wax solution can cause severe burns !
Product: Cosmoloid H 80
- Congealing point: 75 – 81°C
- Acid value: 0
- Density: 0.85 – 1.05 g/cm3
- Drop point: 80 – 85°C
- Needle penetration: ca. 16 dmm
Product Code:DE 2712.90.99